Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: setting rear brake bias

Some Boost

setting rear brake bias

Hi,

Back when I was building the Capri I couldn't find a good proportioning valve, so I went the route of using the maximum motorsports eliminator kit and a wilwood adjustable valve. I honestly don't remember if I set the bias back then (at least 3 years ago).

I had an 'oh-boy no ABS brakes' moment yesterday and realized none of the brakes locked up. So I suspect I never did set the bias.

What are the steps? What is a good starting point on the valve (50% open? 75% open?) She's not an SVO so there are rear drums and upgraded 87+ 5.0 mustang spindles and big brakes in the front.

Thanks
    Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some Boost
    Did you change the master cylinder as well? Do you have the stock brake booster? If not, which one?

The way to test it is do the 35mph to 0 test until all 4 wheel lock about the same time. You want the fronts to lock first, then the rears. You can compare the length of the skid marks to tell.

When I upgraded to Cobra front brakes on the SVO and stock SVO rears, I only needed 1 turn on the prop valve to set mine correctly.