Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: weak injector pulse

Some Boost

weak injector pulse

Well the 86 is in at the doctors, he said he can get it to run on carb cleaner but seems to be running real lean............
    noid light does not flash very bright

I heard the injector pulse voltage should be 5volts.

can the injector pulse be measured at the computer and or in another spot.

may need a injector harness

is there a pin diagram for the computer out there?????????????

Bar

One side of the injector connector goes to 12V plussitive. The other end, in pairs, goes to the EEC for grounding (two injector drivers).

Injectors are NOT part of the 5.00 VDC sensor system. Could be a low battery (and bad charging system), wiring issues between the ignition switch and the plus power to the injectors, injector wiring harnesses, etc.

Personally, if I didn't know the condition of the ignition switch, I would suspect that before the injector harness. I've not seen those harnesses go bad as often as the ignition switch.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    new ignition switch

and battery is fully charged

TPS voltage sweep is good also(just saying somethings are working right)

Bar

What does the voltage at the injector connector measure relative to battery ground?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    not sure it is at my mechanics and he is very busy

will ask him next time I talk to him

Bar

Some Boost
    http://rothfam.com/svo/reference/86SVO-Thunderbird.pdf

It looks like from the EVTM that the red wire comes in at connector C150 at the ignition harness, then the individual (paired) grounds come out at C150 in the tan wires with the red and orange stripe respectively. You can check the voltage drop at C-150 Red wire on where the injector harness plugs into, then with the injectors plugged in you can check the tan [red | orange] connectors on the injector harness side, and then with everything plugged in the ECU connector pins 58 and 59 at the ECU (also tan [red | orange]). I don't see any other connectors in that circuit.

I've had that problem with bad ECU, bad ECU ground (separately) and an intermittently bad alternator. I have replaced the harness once in case there was a problem, but never verified it.
    Last edited by Desert Patina; 07-01-2021 at 09:49 AM. Reason: clarity