Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Turbo RPM Sensor

Noob

Turbo RPM Sensor

Has anyone tried to put an RPM sensor on the SVO turbocharger?

Borg Warner has a sensor that reads the RPM by counting the blades as they pass. This requires modification of the T3 compressor housing to accept the sensor. The BW turbo has an aluminum compressor wheel and I think the T3 is also aluminum (can anyone confirm this?) so it should work.

Chris

Noob
    You can use the BW sensor to measure the RPM of the SVO turbo. The sensor is installed in an oval shaped pocket I machined into the housing. Here's a photo of the installed sensor.

IMG_20220729_181905350.jpg

Here's what the output looks like when graphed. I'm revving the engine in the garage so it doesn't make it to 30K RPM. The sensor cuts out below 10K RPM.

IMG_20220729_181803268.jpg