Thread: Installing a Ron Francis wiring Harness

Installing a Ron Francis wiring Harness

I'm having my engine wiring repaired. I have a 85 that I've up graded to a 86. I want to use the Ron Francis Harness. The web site says for 87-88 Turbo. I changed my alternator to the internal voltage regulator. Those of you who have used this harness, did you cut a hole through the firewall so the ECM 60 pin connector can go through to the right side kick panel where the computer is? Will I have to change any connections? From what I've read this is a very good harness well labeled.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    I have never messed with my 86 but think about doing the wiring over with this kit as a preventative maintenance type thing. Please keep us updated on any progress/problems you encounter!

I haven't bought it yet, my mechanic has been busy. I want him to look at the mess in there now and see if he can work with it as is. If he says no go I'll get the harness. I'm concerned about cutting a hole through the firewall to get the 60 pin connector to the computer in the kick panel. I should have done it a long time ago when I had the engine out.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some Boost
    If the TC uses a new hole / ECU location different than the SVO, that is news to me.

I used an 87 mustang 2.3L n/a harness which used extensive re-wiring to work, so I can't comment for sure on that.

I talked it over with my mechanic about the wiring and decided to have him install the Ron Francis engine harness. He's installed them in other vehicles and said they are very high quality. Ron Francis flagship car is a 1984 Mustang SVO with a Coyote 5.0L engine with a supercharger 657 HP. You can see pictures and the write up on FordMuscle.com

I got a early birthday present today. My mechanic Kevin at RJ Performance called this morning and said my car was ready. It starts right up now and runs great. The Ron Francis harness was only the engine and injectors. Because the engine and interior wear in the car, he had to rewire the instruments and move the fuse box to the front right rear fender wall inside the engine bay. Very clean installation. He also wired up a fan relay, so my a/c will be working great. woo-hoo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet!!!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite