Thread: The passing of the Great Bob Tweedy

Unhappy The passing of the Great Bob Tweedy

Many may not have heard, but Bob passed on April 11th while his lovely wife Carolan was recovering from bypass surgery. Carolan is now home and doing well with the recovery from her surgery. Bob's family mentioned that Bob passed away in the night time. "He was comfortable and not in any pain".

For many years many within the SVO community had the pleasure of dealing with Bob Tweedy. Without him we might have had a struggle with getting proper leather repairs for out shifters, steering wheels, horn pads, & shift boots. For those of you that were ever lucky enough to purchase a recovered leather shift knob, steering wheel, horn pad, &/or shift boot likely had the pleasure of doing business with Bob Tweedy. He was well known among the SVO crowd & very well respected by many. If you had the honor & pleasure to actually meet Bob, you were rewarded with many great stories of Mustangs including SVOs as well as some great stories from his honorable USAF career. He was also a retired USAF vet. Here's to honoring 1ST SGT Tweedy who's finally able to rest peacefully.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Bob will be missed. Definitely a disturbance to The Force.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Sad to read this. Bob was such a pleasure to work with.

I still have one of his recovered horn pads on one of my cars today.

Yes, Bob will be missed.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Bob's Obituary
    https://www.oconnorfuneralhome.com/obituary/robert-tweedy?lud=F9005886E04BC8C8F3351D183C5EB54A&fbclid=IwAR3gJdN _tEzpzMLzItezGDp9F5oxGOBiKvpYu3BsC7hBnKq8OysUHQax2Pg

Robert Earle Tweedy

April 12, 2022

Robert Earle Tweedy, 82, of Great Falls, passed away on Tuesday, April 12, 2022.
    A celebration of life will be held at a later date with burial in the Montana Veterans Cemetery with full military honors.
    Robert was born on July 8, 1939, in Rushville, Indiana to Lowell and Eva (Chapman) Tweedy. He joined the US Air Force after high school and made it a life-long career. When he retired, he was a squadron first sergeant at Malmstrom AFB. He served his country for 24 years. After he retired, he went to work for the USPS. A job he held for 13 years.
    He met Carolan Porter and they were married on December 5, 1982, in Great Falls. They were together for 39 years. She was his rock.
    Robert’s greatest accomplishment was his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. He loved his title of “Papa.” He was rarely seen without at least one grandchild or great-grandchild in tow. He enjoyed Ford Mustang cars and tinkering with motors. He loved spending time and doing things with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
    He is survived by his wife, Carolan Tweedy; daughters, Merry (Joseph) Smith and Pamela (Matthew) Ramsted; sons, Robert L. and Donald (Maureen) Tweedy, and Ronald (Chris) Martin; grandchildren, Benjamin Sparrow, Thomas (Lindsay) Ritchie, Austin (Amber) Faulkner, Jenna (Anthony) Schuff, Seamus (Angie) Tweedy, Joseph Smith, Gavin Martin, and Toran Martin; and great-grandchildren, Makennah, Linkoln, Hollis, Aubrey, Jaxson, Lyla, and Jaxson. He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Building Boost
    Wow, just saw this post. Very sad to see the news of Bob’s passing. I still have one of Bob’s recovered steering wheels new in box. I just had to go downstairs to open the box and admire the quality of his work. Better than factory. I remember visiting with Bob back in early 2016 at the twilight of his leather recovering career. I think when I purchased my wheel, he said he only had 1 or 2 wheels left so I got one of the very last wheels Bob did. I will remember Bob fondly someday when I do get that very nice steering wheel installed. R.I.P. Bob
    Svofrk

Some Boost
    Rest in peace Bob. May you see the face of God.