Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Ball Joint Machining

Noob

Ball Joint Machining

Does anyone have connections to get the old ones machined out? I'd rather not try to find a machine shop that will experiment with my arms. I'm up to 3 SVOs now, one's been mostly parked for 15+ years for ball joints and it's time to get it back on the road. That and I've managed to acquire a couple of pairs of spare arms to get it done on so I can just swap out once the balljoints are replaced.

What ball joints get used once the old one is machined out?

steve

Some Boost
    Rare Parts provides the ball joint replacement.

Some Boost
    Roberto2000 was doing some machining of the ball joints as a side gig. He did mine. I went with the SN95 spindle so I upgraded to the Steeda x2 ball joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Roberto2000 was doing some machining of the ball joints as a side gig. He did mine. I went with the SN95 spindle so I upgraded to the Steeda x2 ball joints.
    Did you use stock svo type Knois?
    Abolish the IRS, and End the Federal Reserve.

Some Boost
    The stock Konis won't work. You can use Konis for the SN95 or the 87-93 GT. I ended up using the Adjustable Tokicos for the SN95. If I had to do it over again, I would get the Foxbody Tokicos as they are a little longer and provide more suspension travel.

I have Eibach Race Springs as it is used mostly for track events.