Thread: Boost Control Solenoid Connector

Boost Control Solenoid Connector

Anyone know the part number for this connector? I've looked, but can't find it online. My SVO has been parked for a bit due to a massive oil leak. I've been starting it every so often to hopefully prevent any issues, but apparently in the last couple weeks a rat decided to take up residence under the intercooler. I didn't know this when I went to move it to finally work on it until there was smoke coming out from under the hood. The rats nest decided to catch fire. So in addition to trying to flambe the SVO, the rat also chewed up some wiring. The plug going to map is toast, but I can find that plug/pigtail. I can't however find the boost control solenoid connector. The connector itself is fine, but the wires are chewed off pretty close to the pins(sockets? not sure what exactly to call them). So if the pigtail isn't available anywhere, crimp on pins would be just fine. If needed I can get pictures of it. The numbers are pretty tiny so it's hard to get an accurate P/N off it.

Thanks,

Grant
    Only thing that beats the sound of a big and rumbly V8, turbo whine

So did a lot more digging, and just searching through pictures of connectors, and found one that matches the original shape and layout, and also plugs in where the original one went. I haven't been able to check to make sure it is making a good connection, but there is every indication that it will. It's "Standard Products S697" if you ever need it (assuming it works). I was able to find one at the local O-Reilly's, but they're for sale on amazon, summit, rockauto, etc. I believe they're a fuel injector connector typically. Once I get around to soldering everything I'll update on if it truly is a replacement.

Good luck! Sorry to hear about this but it does happen unfortunately. I could tell you some similar stories sadly! LOL

Hopefully she gets sorted out asap
    Frank
    1985.5 9L
    1986 1D owned since 1992 and on the road!

Well, finally was able to take it out for a few test drives and not only is the oil leak fixed, but the electrical connector seems to be working as well. So I guess the good news is that there's a source for anyone that needs that connector at least.