Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Loud Squeaky Clutch Action

Building Boost

Loud Squeaky Clutch Action

Happy New Year!
    A couple of years ago, I replaced my clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing and I also went with a MM aluminum clutch quadrant and adjustable cable. At first everything was fine, but after the car sat for a while, I noticed squeaking/squealing when I depressed the clutch pedal. It wasn't bad and would go away after I used the clutch a few times. It sat for almost a year during covid and doesn't get driven much anyway, and the noise has gotten worse and doesn't really go away like it did. Also, it feels like the clutch pedal is getting harder to depress. I don't see anything that is obviously wrong. When I replaced the clutch, I put a steel snout on the transmission. I also replaced the bushings in the clutch pedal pivot shaft. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Kevin

86 1C
    66 K-code Coupe

Where do you think the squealing is coming from? Do you think the pedal itself is making the noise? Do you think possibly the quadrant is not sitting good on the shaft it pivots on? The damn quadrant is so hard to access under there. Try disconnecting the cable from the transmission and see if the noise is present and trouble shoot from there.
    I think you need to isolate as much as you can and see if you can pinpoint an area
    Frank
    1985.5 9L
    1986 1D owned since 1992 and on the road!

Building Boost
    Thanks for the reply Frank. At first I thought it was a problem with the quadrant/clutch pedal pivot so I took the quadrant out, replaced the pivot bushings and reinstalled everything and I still have the problem. I think it has to be the throw out bearing. I'm guessing the new one I installed when I replaced the clutch was faulty. I'm going to do some more digging around this weekend. Thanks again.
    Kevin

86 1C
    66 K-code Coupe