Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 86 9L

Building Boost

86 9L

I have owned this car for around 9 years now. Its been a long ride but well worth it. When I purchased the car it was rough but salvageable and who knows where it would be now if it had stayed up in NW Iowa.
    The pictures don't show it well but there is actually quite a lot of rust around the windows, the paint was cracked terribly and rusting through. Also the PO had used black electrical tape to simulate the door moldings.

On to paint. I had the car stripped to bare metal and completely restored. Everything is new. New header panel, adjuster brackets, headlights, signals, corners, weather stripping, dew wipes, cowl, rockers, reinforced spats, reinforced wing, new fiberglass hood and a ton more I am sure to be forgetting.

86 SVO 9L - 14.5@98 when stock (Sold)

Building Boost
    Now the paint.

Building Boost

Building Boost
    Wire tuck. A few mods too

Building Boost

Building Boost
    Still working on cleaning some things up in the engine bay, drivers seat still needs recovered, headliner needs reglued and passenger side window motor stopped working. Mods include: Boport 1.9 cam, springs and roller followers; gutted and knife edged intakes, E6 Manifold, MBC, Filter on vam, hard tube inside of intake hose, T3/T4 turbo, 3" downpipe, flowmaster mufflers, 60mm tbody and sensor upgrade, TONS of wiring upgrades and fixes(I have nightmares about soldering now, lol) and a bunch of other stuff I am sure to be forgetting.

Nice! I like white on an SVO.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

(aka Anonymous) Club Member Patrick's Avatar

Who knows what evil lurks in the mind of men? ...

Shadow.JPG

the Shadow knows.
    "Just leave me alone. I know what to do" (Kimi)

Building Boost
    If vagina is evil, well I will stick with it, lol. The one universal thing that is on a mans mind more than anything else. Its what we think about in the spare 1% to worry about.

Building Boost
    Well after a nice break in period I have been slowly turning up the boost on the T3/T4. At first I hated the slower spool speed (full spool at 3700), but now that I am running around 17lbs it pulls like a freight train. Power seems much more progressive as well. My clutch is now slipping under boost fairly bad as a downside. I picked up a SPEC stage 3 to install when the time is right.

Super clean ride man!! Almost makes me want to paint my 9l back white instead of Satin Black..

Building Boost
    Thanks!

It has been a long road. Its in a good spot right now so I am just kind of enjoying the car for the summer when its nice before doing much else to it. So there may or may not be any updates depending on if I feel froggy. Between this car and my convertible the last month or so has just been non stop from 5pm-2am trying to get them all taken care of for the season.
    Here are a couple non SVO pics of my other car. The wifey enjoys riding in this one a little more and I do not mind tossing the car seat in the back on nice days. So this one wins over the SVO on most days due to the fact I refuse to risk damaging the SVO rear seat with a car seat, lol.

Building Boost
    A couple updates. Cracked header caused me to get angry at the car. Spent that anger time porting out a spare E6, not a ton of time into it, only about 6 hours. It seems to have done the trick. Car feels much stronger now than it did before. Here are a couple crappy cell pictures of the finished install. Still a work in progress.

Building Boost
    Next up will be the 72lb injectors, Quarterhorse and Aeromotive fuel pump that have been far to cozy in my garage cabinets.

Building Boost
    Quick clip of my car.

Noob
    Nice Car! How well do those new edge wheels fit?

Building Boost
    They fit just fine. A little rubbing out back, but nothing a rolled fender will not fix.

The car sounds good. I do like the white ones, and like the 17" wheels too.

Building Boost
    Thanks! The white has really grown on me over the years.

Building Boost
    Well several weeks back I ended up selling the car. I mentioned this site to the new owner, he has owned a SVO in the past so maybe he will make his way on over. I on the other hand went over to the dark side, I wanted something that I would not have to worry about so much as far as door dings, etc. go. So I picked up a RX7 that I have started a LS/t56 swap on which is going to be a auto x/drag car for me.

Maybe in the future I will find myself with another SVO, who knows.