Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Been Almost 4 Years in the Making

The intake manifolds were coated by Finishline and them I hand painted or sprayed the logos and lines.
    Tech Article. Hint-hint.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    The intake manifolds were coated by Finishline and them I hand painted or sprayed the logos and lines.
    That seems like a really long time ago...

I had parts laying on the floor in the home office - some old, some new. My wife wasn't very happy with me back then...
    Brian
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My wife wasn't very happy with me back then...
    And Now?

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    And Now?
    On rare occassions, I do something she tolerates.....
    Brian

Here's a little update....

I picked up the car from the tuner late Friday night. Unfortunately, I don't have any power numbers, yet. They think the tires were breaking loose on the dyno... They saad the RPMs continued to climb but the MPH really didn't change.

The current tires are 4 year old Kumhos. The tread on the back tires isn't bad. But I remember these needing to get warmed up before they stuck good. After about a 200 miles drive yesterday, pulled off the highway and stopped on the exit ramp to wait for my wife to catch-up. When I took off again, I puched it going from 1st to 2nd and I got a nice chirp from the rear tires. And it chipred again from 2nd to 3rd. So, I'm hoping slippage is the tires, and not the clutch. I used a Spec stage 3 which is rated at 425 tq. After adding the methanol, I'm wondering if the clutch is enough....
    Brian

Unless the dyno rollers are completely smooth, it's hard to imagine that there is significant tire slip under 500 Ft-Lbs (unless you have VERY hard kumhos). Even then most dybo operators just add more strap pull-down in the rear. And you didn't mention what power levels they recorded but I will assume it was under 500.

Did the RPM on cars' tach rise while the cars' speedo didn't? Or the RPM from a tach wire to the dyno's MPH change? Confused on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Unless the dyno rollers are completely smooth, it's hard to imagine that there is significant tire slip under 500 Ft-Lbs (unless you have VERY hard kumhos). Even then most dybo operators just add more strap pull-down in the rear. And you didn't mention what power levels they recorded but I will assume it was under 500.

Did the RPM on cars' tach rise while the cars' speedo didn't? Or the RPM from a tach wire to the dyno's MPH change? Confused Ion that one.
    I wasn't there. So, I don't have any first hand info. I don't even have a dyno graph yet. I don't know if they based the observation on the car's gauges, or the dyno info, I'd assume the dyno info, but gain, not sure.

I know their dyno folks are pretty competent. They have had many 500+ cars on it, some 4 cyl turbos, and some 8 cyl blown and turbos, including one twin turbo mustang that put over 1500 hp to the wheels. But again, I wasn't there for mine, so I don't have any first hand info and we all know sh** happens.

I am very confident I am not over 500 rwhp. my goal was 325 to 350 with hopes of 400. They said they reached 270 on the dyno before the RPMs and MPH diverged. I don't know if they shut it down then or what. And without the graph, I don't know at what RPM this occurred or what torque they recorded.

I got a VERY quick update verbally about 6:00 on Friday evening cuz I had to get to a dinner. But, I have lots a questions. I'll get them answered over the next couple weeks.
    Brian

Got the final tune on the SVO. Not bad for a 4 banger....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian