Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Stainless brake hose source?

Stainless brake hose source?

Checked with LateModel Restoration - sold out. Looks like MM no longer has an application for SVO. Ordered a set from O'Reily's - wrong application (won't fit - packaging says '79 - '86 w/disc-drum brakes, that's 2 strikes in the last month ). Rock auto has no application.
    Bad choices make great stories....!

You might try to call MM. I got mine from them but had to call since it was confusing as to how they were listed. I hope they still make these for the SVO's.
    86 SVO 1C BOOST addict!

Theres a shop on Ebay that makes all kinds of Brake lines, DOT legal and all.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/330511565584...84.m1423.l2649
    -Eric
    85 Sunburned 1C
    93 LX 2.3 DD
    92 Harley Fat Boy

Doug,
    I picked up a set from Amazon.com about 2 years ago for my '86.
    Earls part number 28B070ERL (there were different part numbers for different years). I just searched amazon.com and came up with nothing, but at least I was able to provide a part number.
    Dave

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    NPD sells them.

Thanks guys, got some coming from NPD.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Doug,
    I picked up a set from Amazon.com about 2 years ago for my '86.
    Earls part number 28B070ERL (there were different part numbers for different years). I just searched amazon.com and came up with nothing, but at least I was able to provide a part number.
    Dave
    Dave, did your set include all 5 hoses?? My set arrived from NPD today. Only 4 hoses, packaging says "4pc braided hose set" but catalog clearly states it is a 5 piece set.
    Did you replace the body-to-axle hose?

Doug,
    I'm virtually certain my set came with 5 hoses. I'll double check today to make sure.
    Dave

Doug,
    Yes, I did receive a rear center hose. Here are a couple of pictures of it.
    Dave

centerhose2.JPG

Centerhose1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Doug,
    Yes, I did receive a rear center hose. Here are a couple of pictures of it.
    Dave
    Thanks Dave - looks like I'll have to find a source to get that hose seperately. I called NPD about the 5th hose and I got the "We are not responsible for misprints" answer.

I called NPD about the 5th hose and I got the "We are not responsible for misprints" answer.
    Then return the product as false advertising. Insist they give you back your shipping costs also. File a dispute with your credit card company if needed.

They're still listed in Earl's catalog: # 28B130ERL. No idea if they're still stocked though.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    ....They're still listed in Earl's catalog: # 28B130ERL. No idea if they're still stocked though.
    That part is for the '84. The '86 part is 28B070ERL. Apparently there is a difference. Checked every supplier I could think of. Nobody has it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Then return the product as false advertising. Insist they give you back your shipping costs also. File a dispute with your credit card company if needed...
    Got an unexpected follow-up call from one of the managers at NPD today. Says the error was with the vendor and they have agreed to make the 5th hose if I can supply with an original hose to use as a pattern. I think it's pretty cool that they're willing to step up and make things right.

Building Boost
    Thats good might want to tell them to make afew more than just one.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by dew34 View Post
    Thats good might want to tell them to make afew more than just one.
    mike
    Already done. They said they will.

That part is for the '84. The '86 part is 28B070ERL. Apparently there is a difference.
    The placement on the car for the center hose is different on the single fuel pump versions in 84. All of the cars moved the center fuel line connection to the diff housing to the center of the tunnel area from the far-right just inside the lower frame rail. I haven't compared the two but I suspect the center mounted one is slightly longer.

Some pics of the 84 middle hose.
    Img_7109.jpgImg_7110.jpgImg_7111.jpgImg_7112.jpgImg_7113.jpgImg_7119.jpgImg_7121.jpgImg_7122.jpgImg_7130.jpgImg_7132.jpg

Got an unexpected follow-up call from one of the managers at NPD today. Says the error was with the vendor and they have agreed to make the 5th hose if I can supply with an original hose to use as a pattern. I think it's pretty cool that they're willing to step up and make things right.
    Good news indeed! Find out who that supplier is and let's see if we can order direct - then do a group buy.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I have worked with this problem. Here is what I have found out. You can get a 87 up dual exaulst one and modify the bracket and it will work. It is longer for the 8.8 rear end. If you are running a 8.8 in your svo it will work fine. The 85.5 and 86 svo had the 7.5 so the bracket is shorter. This was also the same one for the 85 gt wth the 7.5 rear.

Building Boost
    Anybody have any viewpoints on the brake line kits from mustangs unlimited, right now I am looking to just replace it all with stock style, but newer. What do you guys think?