Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 90* Intake Plenum

90* Intake Plenum

I will be experimenting with some intake plenums I have acquired, one idea I had was to make a few 90* modded ones and see if there is an interest. Hope this is not breaking any rules on the forums, as I have not begun making or selling them yet. Also if anyone has done this maybe you can give me a few suggestions.
    Yep, I'm the guy doing a complete frame swap on my 85.5 to a vert.

90 degrees anticlockwise would point it forward toward the radiator - right where the alternator lives. There is no much hood clearance there, iirc.

Plan accordingly.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

We had murkur depot rotate one 90 degrees and they cut it 1 inch shorter. Then I flopped the alternator over toward passenger's side fender and run a stock length surpentine belt. This is an '88 turbo coupe belt set up on an '88 LX.
    My Web Site:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by oneowner88lx View Post
    We had murkur depot rotate one 90 degrees and they cut it 1 inch shorter. Then I flopped the alternator over toward passenger's side fender and run a stock length surpentine belt. This is an '88 turbo coupe belt set up on an '88 LX.
    Pics?

My Web Site:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    I figured when I read you flipped it towards the passenger side you ment the drivers side. (Unless you made an awfully tall hood) I like the way that opens up the dist. area. Looks great.

@oneowner88lx

How well does your power steering pump work with so little belt wrap around the pulley?

I had to add an idler pulley to get more contact with the power steering pump and alternator. You can kind of see it here:
    http://www.rothfam.com/svo/images/wiring/RIMG0002.JPG
    I built a bracket to run the tensioner below the power steering pump.

It seems to be doing OK. But I can't get the PS pump fluid cap off without moving the alternator. Luckily I fixed all the leaks. So thinking about a swap to the smaller alternator OR use a Turbo Coupe PS pump with Turbo Coupe reservoir.
    My Web Site:

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I figured when I read you flipped it towards the passenger side you ment the drivers side. (Unless you made an awfully tall hood) I like the way that opens up the dist. area. Looks great.
    Driver's side sorry for confusion...
    My Web Site: