Thread: 90* Intake Plenum

90* Intake Plenum

I will be experimenting with some intake plenums I have acquired, one idea I had was to make a few 90* modded ones and see if there is an interest. Hope this is not breaking any rules on the forums, as I have not begun making or selling them yet. Also if anyone has done this maybe you can give me a few suggestions.
    Yep, I'm the guy doing a complete frame swap on my 85.5 to a vert.

90 degrees anticlockwise would point it forward toward the radiator - right where the alternator lives. There is no much hood clearance there, iirc.

Plan accordingly.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

We had murkur depot rotate one 90 degrees and they cut it 1 inch shorter. Then I flopped the alternator over toward passenger's side fender and run a stock length surpentine belt. This is an '88 turbo coupe belt set up on an '88 LX.
    My Web Site:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by oneowner88lx View Post
    We had murkur depot rotate one 90 degrees and they cut it 1 inch shorter. Then I flopped the alternator over toward passenger's side fender and run a stock length surpentine belt. This is an '88 turbo coupe belt set up on an '88 LX.
    Pics?

My Web Site:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    I figured when I read you flipped it towards the passenger side you ment the drivers side. (Unless you made an awfully tall hood) I like the way that opens up the dist. area. Looks great.

@oneowner88lx

How well does your power steering pump work with so little belt wrap around the pulley?

I had to add an idler pulley to get more contact with the power steering pump and alternator. You can kind of see it here:
    http://www.rothfam.com/svo/images/wiring/RIMG0002.JPG
    I built a bracket to run the tensioner below the power steering pump.

It seems to be doing OK. But I can't get the PS pump fluid cap off without moving the alternator. Luckily I fixed all the leaks. So thinking about a swap to the smaller alternator OR use a Turbo Coupe PS pump with Turbo Coupe reservoir.
    My Web Site:

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I figured when I read you flipped it towards the passenger side you ment the drivers side. (Unless you made an awfully tall hood) I like the way that opens up the dist. area. Looks great.
    Driver's side sorry for confusion...
    My Web Site: