Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: A different way for extra gauges

A different way for extra gauges

I wanted to share my solution for more gauges because I don't see this very much. Other people put gauges in the a-pillar, or you can get a pod that goes alllll the way over by the glove box, but I put mine in the radio slot. I used a radio delete plate for about $15. My fabrication skills are below average, but I found that a door knob hole cutter drill attachment was close enough to work for making the holes. On the right is an Autometer boost/vac gauge that is a good match for the SVO interior. The needle is more red in person, and the lighting is red. In the middle is a digital AFR gauge from Innovate, again in red. The button and LED on the left is for the LC-1 wideband. I put the gauges on the right side of the plate because the stock shifter sometimes blocks the view of the left side of the panel.

To make up for the lack of a radio, I wanted a very small amplifier that could fit under the dash pad. I bought a Pyle PLMRMP3A marine 4-channel amplifier. I know this isn't a particularly good brand, and not as powerful as advertised, but it's physically very small and is still an improvement over the factory radio. It fits under the middle of the dash, right where the factory amp was. I have an aux line routed to the glove box, so I can use my phone or an iPod as the audio source.

This was an easy way for me to not only improve the car's sound system, but to have extra gauges without cutting anything up, and stay stealth. I don't miss the radio.

w8vGD.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    owned since 2003, restomod

Excellent work with your car AND registry!!

IF you don't "miss" the radio (and would like to see it used)
    Please consider selling/trading to me !

I have nothing so i figure you have the mounting brackets AND don't plan on selling the car orkeeping thinking is is getting retrofitted back!

Mark
    P.S i do have some Kenwood speakers i can send so your sound improves(i'm looking for rear speakers too)

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I wanted to share my solution for more gauges because I don't see this very much. Other people put gauges in the a-pillar, or you can get a pod that goes alllll the way over by the glove box, but I put mine in the radio slot. I used a radio delete plate for about $15. My fabrication skills are below average, but I found that a door knob hole cutter drill attachment was close enough to work for making the holes. On the right is an Autometer boost/vac gauge that is a good match for the SVO interior. The needle is more red in person, and the lighting is red. In the middle is a digital AFR gauge from Innovate, again in red. The button and LED on the left is for the LC-1 wideband. I put the gauges on the right side of the plate because the stock shifter sometimes blocks the view of the left side of the panel.

To make up for the lack of a radio, I wanted a very small amplifier that could fit under the dash pad. I bought a Pyle PLMRMP3A marine 4-channel amplifier. I know this isn't a particularly good brand, and not as powerful as advertised, but it's physically very small and is still an improvement over the factory radio. It fits under the middle of the dash, right where the factory amp was. I have an aux line routed to the glove box, so I can use my phone or an iPod as the audio source.

This was an easy way for me to not only improve the car's sound system, but to have extra gauges without cutting anything up, and stay stealth. I don't miss the radio.

w8vGD.jpg
    VERY COOL idea. Thanks for sharing!