Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NOS or Stainless steel coolant lines

Question NOS or Stainless steel coolant lines

I'm hunting for some NOS or staineless steel coolant lines for my SVO, the turbo feed line split this week, and forced4 is out of them and Eds Tubes is out of business so I'm needing some help to get the Comp Prep back on the road.

The one that broke open is the one that I'm assuming feeds the turbo with the fitting on the end of it that threads into the turbo housing.

Just my luck that all of the other ones are available but the one I need!

thanks.

you can text me at 805-315-1608 too if you can help.
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 1C

USAF Vandenberg AFB, CA

FYI: Coolant comes out of the rear of the block, to the outside of the turbo CHRA, then out the CHRA to the threaded fitting tube back to the heater tube to the thermostat housing, then to the radiator.

I have a full set of NOS tubes somewhere - it's what the Forced4 repro SS ones were modeled from. Give me a couple days to look for them.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Mike, you are the man!

yes, please let me know what you come up with, cause right now I'm at a loss...just thinking that the rest of these line will start popping off soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    FYI: Coolant comes out of the rear of the block, to the outside of the turbo CHRA, then out the CHRA to the threaded fitting tube back to the heater tube to the thermostat housing, then to the radiator.

I have a full set of NOS tubes somewhere - it's what the Forced4 repro SS ones were modeled from. Give me a couple days to look for them.
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 1C

USAF Vandenberg AFB, CA

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    So since Forced 4's manufacturer is out of business should we start looking for a new supplier/ manufacturer????

Abb-ohh-LUTE-ly!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Be patient. We are working with suppliers for other lines & the water lines should be dooable.

Just a friendly heads up, we are remaking the tubo oil feed lines for the SVO & other 2.3T variations. We are working on details to sell through vendors. Keep shecking back as we will post the details once everything is worked out.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Any updates on these lines? I have my 85.5 motor out of the car at the moment, and now would be a fantastic time to replace these lines. Shame about Forced4....

D
    No good deed goes unpunished!
    1985.5 SVO 1B

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    Be patient. We are working with suppliers for other lines & the water lines should be dooable.

Just a friendly heads up, we are remaking the tubo oil feed lines for the SVO & other 2.3T variations. We are working on details to sell through vendors. Keep shecking back as we will post the details once everything is worked out.
    I had Inline tube make the svo turbo feed line. Just got them yesterday. Ask for Chuck if you want to get one from them.

Are there any sources for these coolant hard lines? One developed a leak this week. In trying to remove it, I found the nut is seized to the tubing and the tubing just finished breaking as soon as the wrench turned. This is the coolant line from the turbo center section running forward along the top of the exhaust manifold. Apparently, 263K miles is all these are good for. If new is not available, I will buy a used one if any one has one to sell.

2013-05-11_18-44-51_799.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    I had Inline tube make the svo turbo feed line. Just got them yesterday. Ask for Chuck if you want to get one from them.
    Just got a set of SS brake lines for my 97 150 from Inline Tube and the quality was very nice and quick delivery. Seems like a good vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    Checked with Inline Tube on the coolant lines and they said Sorry, we only bend up to ½ inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post

Surely you tease..... I can't find them anywhere?

Try Classic Tube, www.classictube.com

They have made several lines for me over the years.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    So since Forced 4's manufacturer is out of business should we start looking for a new supplier/ manufacturer????
    The mfg is not out of buisness .... we are.

The mfg is actually a member of SVOCA... or was... It is just a matter of someone ponying up the cash to buy 100 sets of lines to make it worth their time to bend them up.

The last 100 I bought took me 2 years to sell and we still had a few straglers that are siting in a storage garage in NY.

Good to hear from you Eric. We spoke many years ago about SVO parts but like you, life got in the way and the SVO got put on hold. Unfortunately I should have bought up a bunch of parts before I parked it!

Wow, 100 sets. I was wondering what a minimum quantity might be but never thought it would be that high. I can imagine it would take 2 yrs to go through 100 sets. You still have some straglers available??

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    Good to hear from you Eric. We spoke many years ago about SVO parts but like you, life got in the way and the SVO got put on hold. Unfortunately I should have bought up a bunch of parts before I parked it!

Wow, 100 sets. I was wondering what a minimum quantity might be but never thought it would be that high. I can imagine it would take 2 yrs to go through 100 sets. You still have some straglers available??
    I do have some peices parts but they are 14 hours away in NY. I have contacted the powers on this board to see if they can work with the mfg. As a side note I will be working with Pat to try and revive some parts. But I beg those who think they are trying to do good, do not read into my posts too much and harass the venders. Most have day jobs and contacting them through their day jobs could and will get them fired.

and I know this is not other boards but I am going to say it anyway. I am not selling these contacts. these contacts are my freinds and I am only trying to keep them out of the limelight for harasasment purposes. They enjoy the SVO as much as I do and many hours have gone into finding the right people and right parts to make it right.

Sorry if that was a soap box.

viva La Pat

Thanks for all your help, Eric. We all greatly appreciate the continuing dedication you have to the SVO.

Building Boost
    Thanks for all your help, Eric. We all greatly appreciate the continuing dedication you have to the SVO.
    us SVO nerds have to stick together. LOL

mike if it wasnt for you and your stash of nos parts thoes lines would never have been made. i would love to see our hard work not go to waste. And the vendor feels the same way. He is busy for the next week or so but promises to contact us to see if he can get the minimum qty to a point that whomever ponys up doesn't have to sit on a 2 year supply.

^^^ Or we will stick separately?
    Silence, or I ban you!

Pat - you're banned (until your next post) for not sharing.

+1

and thank you too Mike for sharing your wisdom.

Not sure why people would harass any vendor trying to provide for the SVO community. Ban 'em I say!

Keep us posted, it would be great to see more SVO and 2.3L parts out there.

Oh, and I was just in NY the other week, I could have hunted for those parts!