Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NOS or Stainless steel coolant lines

I did not get them to make that one because I had several Forced4 stainless one's already. I am assuming this is the one you are referring to.
    IMG_7662.jpg
    Chad McElroy
    86 2A BWD, 2018 Civic Type R, 1988 Mustang Lx 5.0

That tube looks like an EGR tube with tube nut on both ends? The coolant tube has a hose end (1/2") on one end.

Look at the diagram here:

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...ll=1#post12486

Part number 8A520 - Tube Assy, Water Outlet

Which was also repro'd by Forced4.

Didn't they also make some EGR tubes?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

You are correct that is the egr tube that I have pictured. My mistake. I did have a few of the others that you have in your link as well. I did not ask them to reproduce anything that had fittings/threaded ends. I was fortunate to have already purchased them. I just waited to long to get the rest of the tubes and Forced4 went out of business. I then searched for a long time and came across this company. I sent them a few emails with pictures and then ended up sending them my original tubes. Then the rest is history as they say. So, with that being said, I am not sure if they will reproduce the others that you have mentioned. I guess someone would have to go through the motions as I did. Maybe we could get them to make a large run if we had enough interest. Just like most people on this thread I watched and waited and then just decided to take a swing. Anyway, I was just trying to help by sharing the information that I had.
    IMG_7671.jpgPs, is this the one you are referring to?
    Chad McElroy

Ps, is this the one you are referring to?
    That is the PCV/cam cover rear outlet tube. Has a beaded hose end at the other end.

Here's some pics of a clean (after media blasting) stock one and one of the Forced4 units installed. The one I'm referring to goes from the CHRA of the turbo to the small nipple hose connection on the upper cam cover tube. 1/2" tube and hose.
    Img_5491.jpgImg_5492.jpg

The tube that's about picture center here:
    StainlessCoolantTubes.JPG

Lastly, a pic of the five tubes reproduced by Forced4.
    Img_3566.jpg

After powder coating in gloss black.
    Img_5189.jpg

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Ah, I understand now. I do have one packed away somewhere. I have that same oil cap on my valve cover. The original one that came with my car had the rubber seal go bad( hardened) so that it wouldn't seal good. I purchased one like is on your valve cover from Performance Parts Inc as a "NOS" part. I used it but always wondered why it looked different than the others. Was it a service replacement part?
    Chad McElroy

FYI: That pic of the tubes installed is Eric's from Forced4.

I suspect the cap was superceded by a part that would last longer, better design. In MANY cases service replacement parts from Ford were different than the items that originally came on the cars from the factory.

Building Boost
    Thanks for the credit Mike. the pic is off of our 84 rusty resto project. The oil cap is off of a later car 88 tbird if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmcelroy View Post
    You are correct that is the egr tube that I have pictured. My mistake. I did have a few of the others that you have in your link as well. I did not ask them to reproduce anything that had fittings/threaded ends. I was fortunate to have already purchased them. I just waited to long to get the rest of the tubes and Forced4 went out of business. I then searched for a long time and came across this company. I sent them a few emails with pictures and then ended up sending them my original tubes. Then the rest is history as they say. So, with that being said, I am not sure if they will reproduce the others that you have mentioned. I guess someone would have to go through the motions as I did. Maybe we could get them to make a large run if we had enough interest. Just like most people on this thread I watched and waited and then just decided to take a swing. Anyway, I was just trying to help by sharing the information that I had.
    Ps, is this the one you are referring to?
    Chad,

I have been working with a gentleman to get lines made too but he was up front with me and said he wasn't sure if he could achieve the tight bends. He is looking into a company in NY that may be able to do the same work as you had done.

Thanks for your efforts and sharing your results. The lines look great and I sent the picture of them to my guy and he was impressed.

Could you check with your contact at SCR if they now have a template to make more lines and if so would they be willing to accept orders? It would probably be nice to have the 'Part number 8A520 - Tube Assy, Water Outlet' line made too.

This is great news, thanks again!!

Rod

I'm guessing no one has a source for the coolant lines yet?

I know I have had to toss the idea on the back burner. This year is pretty busy with my real job & work on the house.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    I know I have had to toss the idea on the back burner. This year is pretty busy with my real job & work on the house.
    I hear ya, my poor SVO has been on the back burner a long time. Just something I want to keep updated on since eventually I (and anyone else with an original car) will need a set of replacement lines. Thanks

Noob
    Was gonna make a thread, but +1.

My 86 has a network of heater core line everywhere, a real mess.

Are the coolant lines the same from '84 through '86 with the different turbo?
    Bad choices make great stories....!

The 84 - 85 1/2 didn't have center housing water cooled bearings only 85 1/2 - 86 have the turbo water lines.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.